de aqui pal real

Sunday, November 12, 2006

cerro de chiquihuite from uam



....as a matter of fact, when I took the picture, I focused on the beautiful mexican flag, which is located in my uni (UAM) just right in front of the library (COSEI) .
then I saw the hill behind the flag: It is El cerro del Chiquihuite, located in the north of the city, surronding Gustavo I. Madero and Tlalnepantla, estado de México.
This hill is oficially known as El cerro del Chiquihuite, but it is also known as the hill of the antenna, because there are antennas from t.v. and radio. that broadcast their signs to all over the valley of Mexico. There are neighborhoods on the slope of the hill: Candelaria, Ticoman, San Juan y guadalupe; they are obviously always in risk because of possible landslide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home