de aqui pal real

Saturday, November 04, 2006

pumpkin or squash sweet

pumpkin is a fruit that was firstly prepared in candy, cakes, and stew in Mesoamerica. it is currently eaten in Latin America, Philippines and the Caribean.
This recipe followed in the next pictures is from my great grand mother. I personally don´t like it very much, but it is o.k. It is eaten by the end of the year: November, december.
Something that once again surprised me was its price, my grandma told me it had costed only $10.oo pesos o_0 ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡. I used to think they were a bit more expensive, because of its size, but I was told that the most expensive one is about $25.00, $30.00 pesos, no more than that. In the pictures I show the ingredients: The pumpkin, cinammon, water and piloncillo ( this last one works as sugar).
and the steps that need to be followed in order to prepare it. Since it was quite big, it is enought with only a half, then from the falf you get some small pieces and put them in the pot, together with the other ingredients ( a cup of water, cinammon and three pieces of piloncillo)
In the last picture I show the pumpkin ready to be eaten, with some milk. It can be eaten by itself or with milk. My favorite part of this sweet is the seeds. They taste good.
:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home