de aqui pal real

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Karaoke

Today I wanna talk about the KARAOKE word. This word comes from the Katakana japanese writing system. And it is derived from two different words; Karano (empty) and Okesutra (orquestra).
Now a days there are some more terms for the word karaoke, for example: Gian, or simply K.
The karaoke machine was invented by the talented singer Daisuke Inoe (born in Osaka in 1940) He used to sing at Utagoe Kissas (coffee shops) and suddenly he came up with the idea of creating the first karaoke machine. He invented it but never patented it; ( otherwise he would definitely have become one of the richest men in the world.....) He was even awarded by the Ig Novel Prize; ( that is parody of the Nobel Prizes) at the university of Harvad. These prizes are given for discoveries that can not or should not be reproduced. The comittee awarded him for: providing an entirly new way for people to learn to tolerate each other.
The popularity of the karaoke has increased, and has spread to different items such as cell phones, video games. In video games the singer-player gets a score based on his pitch, rythim, timing, etc.
A famous movie that depicted the activity of singing karaoke is My best friend weeding, with the song I say a little pray for you. Many copies of the soundtrack were sold over the world, becoming even more famous than the movie itself.
.... I have been just once at a karaoke bar ( Weeeelll more than a bar it was a cantina) , this was in Barra de Navidad Jalisco, many years ago. I went with my parents, and some cousins of mine. And what I remeber the most, is a totally drunk guy comming from the toilet, who suddenly fell down hitting himslef seriously bad, and also remember I girl singing Hacer el amor con otro from Alejandra Guzman, while another drunk guy was rudely shouting at her to shit up......
That was the first experience I had at a Karaoke Cantina. Now after knowing some more about the word Karaoke, I feel like singing some karaoke with my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home